Digitised copy of Memorandum of the rental of Tiree, Morvern, Mull etc at Inveraray, October 1674. The document lists the value of Tirie (Tiree) in tirungs (an ounceland – a measure of land). Archibald Campbell, 9th Earl of Argyll, took over Tiree and other lands from the MacLeans of Duart, Mull in 1674. The document mentions a payment to McLean for the building of the harbour of Tiree.
This document is written in secretary hand. No transcript is available for this item.
From the archives of the Dukes of Argyll at Inveraray Castle, made available through the Written in the Landscape project.