Black and white postcard of the golf course at Kirkapol postmarked 1923.
Playing golf at Kirkapol in the 1920s. (Original postcard in Filing Cabinet 8 drawer 1)
Other Number: U65
Playing golf at Kirkapol in the 1920sGolf was first played on Tiree in 1886 by the officers of marines who came to `pacify` `rebellious` crofters. In 1899, the Duke of Argyll donated funds to set up the Tiree Golf Club and by 1911 a modern 18-hole links course was being played on the machair at Kirkapol and Vaul.
Normal Location: Office Shelves: Photos for Copying boxCurrent Location: normal location