Pipe wind cap from Calum (Salum) MacLean’s shop in Salum. Round metal cap for placing over the end of a smoker’s pipe in order to prevent the wind from disturbing the tabacco. These were used by sailors, crofters when in the hay barns, or by those not wanting holes burned into their clothes.
Tobacco tin – Ogden`s St Bruno Flake. Manufactured by The Imperial Tobacco Company (of Great Britain and Ireland). Belonged to Mrs MacDugal (wife of the Head Master of Cornaig High School) who gave the tin containing a sewing kit, to Elsie MacKinnon, Kirkapol, 1925-1930.