Colour brochure about the Thatched Cottage Museum at Sandaig, produced after the buildings had been restored by The Hebridean Trust and made open to the public around 1995. Contains information on construction and the layout of the house, byre and barn, and tools found therein. The museum was closed and sold into private ownership in 2010.
Colour photograph of information cards at the Hunterian Museum, Glasgow, about Dun Mor broch at Vaul, its excavation in 1962-4, and the artefacts found there and held at the Hunterian. See also K112-K117.
Photograph of a collection of polished stones from Tiree
Colour photograph of a collection of small stones from Tiree that have been worked and polished to make fruit sculptures and jewellery, and held in the Hunterian Museum in Glasgow. Includes green marble, quartz, flint and red-green marble.
Assortment of teaching material from Tiree High School, ca. 1980
Assortment of photocopied typed and hand-written texts used to teach Argyll history in Tiree High School around the 1980s. Includes: the Stevenson brothers; Dr Johnson and James Boswell 1773; Glen Coe; Duror of Appin; Auchindrain Museum; Nether Lochaber – stories of Rev. Alexander Stewart; Inveraray Castle; Dunollie Castle; Kilchurn Castle; Duart Castle; Kinlochaline Castle; The Song of the Clyde; Mary of Argyll; The Isle of Mull; The Road to the Isles; Mull and the other inner isles; The Smaller Sudereys; West Inverness and Argyll; Oban; Crinan Canal; map of Iona