Tag Archives: mills and millers

1 2 3 7

2014.50.1

Photocopy of Signal Card, 1908-1914

Colour copied cover and pages of a card notebook of Naval flag, semaphore and morse code signals produced in 1908 and reprinted in 1914. Belonged to Neil MacLean (Niall a` Mhuilinn), Millhouse, Cornaig, and used in 1917 during WW1. On the inside cover, Neil has written his name and addresses, as well as doodled, in pencil and ink. Accession includes another copy on card mocked-up into a replica notebook for display.

2014.50.1

2014.11.1

Magazine booklet `Gairm`no. 15, 1956

Booklet of news from the Gaelic-speaking world, including and article on Tiree (pg 270-275). Includes photographs of the mill at Cornaigmore, calves on a beach, Calum MacLean (Calum Salum) and his mother Kirsty Munn (Ciorstaidh Mhunn), Salum, and one of a boat at the Scarinish regatta containing Donald Archie Cameron.

2013.75.1

Letter about the Cornaigmore Mill and Tiree doctors, 1997

Photocopy of a letter from the Argyll & Bute archivist, Murdo MacDonald, to Hector MacPail, Ruaig, dated 26 March 1997, regarding information about millers at the Cornaigmore meal mill from 1864 to the 1920s, and doctors between 1911 and 1929.

1 2 3 7