Tag Archives: hynish

2003.57.1

Newspaper cutting about the Princess Royal`s visit to Tiree in 1991.

Article and photographs of Princess Anne`s visit to Oban and Tiree in June 1991 where she opened the Continuing Care Unit at Taigh a` Rudha and the activity centre at Hynish. Photographs of Mor MacLeod of Sandaig in Taigh a` Rudha; Marie Lindsay Campbell presenting a bouquet, John Archie MacLean in Taigh a` Rudha.

1998.140.1

Photocopied journal extract `The Island of Tiree` by Rev. William Reeves.

Early history of Tiree and ecclesiastic remains.

1998.52.1

Letter dated 25/2/1998 from R. K. Campbell with three photocopied pictures.

Letter from R. K. Campbell dated 25/2/1998 describing enclosed photocopies: a sketch of John Campbell (Am Baillidh Mor) by J. F Campbell in 1870, a photograph of the same and a photograph of the MacQuarrie family of Hynish dated 15/9/1864.

2003.35.2

Seven O/S maps with hand-drawn croft numbers and boundaries, 1977

Seven O/S maps with croft numbers and boundaries drawn in by donor`s sister, Mary Robertson: (1) sheet NL 93 NE Hynish and West Hynish, (2) sheet NL 94 NE Hough, Balevullin, Kilmoluaig, Cornaigmore, Cornaigbeg and Kenovay and boundaries of Croish, Cornaigmore Farm and Kilmoluaig common grazing, (3) sheet NL 94 SE Moss, Barrapol, Balephuil, Balemartine, Balinoe, Heylipol and Crossapol and boundaries of Kilmoluaig common grazing, Barrapol Farm and Heylipol Farm, (4) sheet NL 94 NW Hough and Balevullin, (5) sheet NL 94 SW Middleton, Sandaig and Kilkenneth, (6) sheet NM 04 NW Balephetrish, Scarinish, Gott, Kirkapol and Vaul and boundaries of Scarinish Farm and Balephetrish special common, (7) sheet NM 04 SW Baugh and Scarinish.