Bound softback report ‘The Beaches of Northern Inner Hebrides’ by A. S. Mather, J. S. Smith and W. Ritchie of the Department of Geography, University of Aberdeen, 1975. Inventory of beach resources of Tiree, Coll, the Small Isles, and Skye, outlining the composition and characteristic of each. Chapter 2 is about Tiree. Signed at the front “In memory of Elizabeth and Mary Robertson, Glebe House, Gott. Donated [to An Iodhlann] by their sister Janice. January 2017”
See 1998.166.1 for a separate photocopy of chapters 1 & 2, and Appendices.
Booklet ‘West Highland Notes & Queries’, Series 4, No. 3, March 2017. Includes articles on the MacLeans of Duart and Lochbuie & the Jacobite Cause 1400-1766 (with references to Tiree), paintings of pipers, ‘The Tacksman Class in Argyllshire 1800-50’, ‘A Visit to Coll in 1831’, and ‘Tiree’s resistance to the Earl of Argyll’s takeover of the Island 1674-1682’ by Nicholas Maclean-Bristol.
Black & white photograph of Dr Johnson (d. 1910), Tiree’s doctor, during a vist to Coll in the late 1800s. He is standing outside the smiddy in Arinagour. The photograph was taken by Robert Sturgeon – the donor’s grandfather, and is from a postcard reproduced from a glass-plate negative.
West Highland Notes & Queries, November 1991. Journal of The Society of West Highland and Islands Historical Research Ltd, Series 2, No. 8. Articles included: Fogl/Fugl – an unusual Hebridean personal name; the death and burial of Somerled of Argyll; notes on the genealogy of Clann Eoin Mhoir; Livingstones in the North of Mull; Ulva; William MacLachlan, Minister of Kilmartin.
West Highland Notes and Queries, August 2016, published by the The Society of West Highland & Island Historical Research Ltd, Coll. Articles include ‘An Account of the Island of Coll: Grimsary’; Myth, History and Genetic Genealogy: Ailpein, Chriogair, Mhic Gille Chonaill; Ranald MacAllan Og; Place-names in the Argyllshire Valuation of 1751; Who was Florence MacLean (1365-1430)?; Highland Tacksmen’s use of Gaelic in the Nineteenth Century.
Booklet ‘The Kirk on the Hill’ by Nicholas MacLean Bristol, Coll, 2007. The story of the Church in the Isle of Coll AD 550-2007. Contains material about Tiree when the parishes were joined (pg6): “…when in 1618 the parishes of Kirkapol and Sorobie in Tiree were united with that of Coll to form the United Parish of Tiree and Coll.”
Booklet ‘West Highland Notes & Queries’, Series 3, No. 9, December 2015. Includes articles on MacDuffies, MacLeans, Loudoun Papers 1745-1749, Scottish Clans, Coll MacDonald, Jura John, Rex or Bishop’s dollars.
Book ‘Twentieth-Century Crofting Schemes on Tiree and Coll’ by Bob Chambers, 2016, with foreword by Prof. Donald Meek, Caoles. Shortly before and shortly after WWI, over 100 new crofts were created on Tiree and Coll, and almost 40 existing crofts were enlarged. The impact on the islands was enormous, wide-ranging and long-lasting, particularly on Tiree.