Black & white photograph of cargo boats at Scarinish Harbour in around 1940, with a kilted gentleman in the foreground. The ship behind is probably the Mary Stewart.
Black & white photograph of Sandy Campbell, Hynish, sitting on a rock in the 1950s.
Black & white photograph of (L-R) Sandy Campbell and Tommy Thomson at Millport House, Hynish, in the 1950s.
Black & white photograph of Colin Campbell and Effie(?) MacPhail at Millport House, Hynish, in the 1930s.
Black & white photograph of Janet White bottle-feeding a lamb at Millport House, Hynish in 1959.
Medieval bronze shoe buckle from a collection of around 200 bronze objects found by amateur archaeologist George Holleyman at Balevullin in 1941-43, when he served at RAF Tiree during WWII. Identified by Dr Colleen Batey, Senior Lecturer in Archaeology at Glasgow University and David Caldwell, retired Keeper of Medieval Department at the National Museum of Scotland during a visit to An Iodhlann on 29th April 2016.
Black & white photograph of L-R: Annie MacArthur (nee MacLeod) of Balephuil, and an unidentified woman around 1950.
Black & white photograph of L-R: ‘Nanag’, Lachlan Campbell, Netta & baby, at the back of Corrairigh, Cornaigbeg, in the 1930s. Nanag is using a wash board and pail, while Lachlan in mending shoes on a cobbler’s last.
Black & white photograph of brother and sister, Iain Paterson, Crossapol, and Mairi Campbell (nee Paterson), Cornaigbeg, at 3 years old and 1 year and 7 months old, respectively, barefoot at Balinoe on 16th June 1933. They were brought up at Crossapol Farm.
Studio portrait photograph of an unidentified woman from the MacDonald/Campbell/Brown family of Mannal, taken around 1920. On the reverse is written “Yours sincerely, Annie. For Katie”. From a collection from Mannal House.