Church bell from Kirkapol Church. It had been lying on the ground at the back of the church for many years before being moved to An Iodhlann. An expert on church bells believes that it may have come from “an older church, probably cast sometime in the late 18th – early 19th century” (see 2013.137.1)
Photocopied extract from handwritten ledgers containing the Minutes of the Presbytery of Mull, 27 January 1842 to 2 December 1845, pertaining to the planning, funding and building of the churches at Kirkapol and Heylipol.
Photocopied extract from handwritten ledgers containing the Minutes of the Presbytery of Mull, 12 December 1839 to 25 November 1841, pertaining to the planning, funding and building of the churches at Kirkapol and Heylipol.
Newsletter `An Tirisdeach`, No. 433, 10/01/2009
Local news: success of Tiree Parties Committees in 2008; PC Danny Lapsley receives Queen`s Police Medal; nativity play at Tiree Parish Church; Royal Bank of Scotland fundraising success of 2008; the Sorley MacLean Trust; school environment news; sheep scab alert.
Newsletter `An Tirisdeach`, No. 437, 07/03/2009
Local news: Baptist churches sale/refurbishment; pilates schedule.
Newsletter `An Tirisdeach`, No. 424, 30/8/08
Local news: forthcoming Tiree Wave Classic windsurfing competition; road rage; communications masts on Ben Hough; lamb sale results; restricted access to Tiree`s beaches; forthcoming celebration of renovation of Kilkenneth Chapel and Temple Patrick; new elders for Tiree Parish Church; ferry timetable improvements; Tiree Community Trust news.
Names of men who died in the Great War (WWI)
List of names of 13 soldiers and sailors of Heylipol Parish who fell in the Great War 1914-1919, transcribed from a brass plaque above the altar in Heylipol Church in 2014. Names include Lamont, MacDonald, MacFadyen, MacFarlane, MacLaren, MacKinnon, MacPhail, Sinclair and MacArthur.
13 woodcarving chisels ca 1890
Set of 13 wood and brass handled, steel woodcarving chisels belonging to James MacDonald, Balemartine (Seumas a` Ghille) (donor`s father) who was a ship`s engineer. He had gone as a boy to Lady Victoria`s woodwoeking classes in the Lodge, around 1910, and helped to carve Heylipol Church pulpit. Mixture of two sets of chisels: 1. JB Adams & Sons, Sheffield, ca 1890, and 2. Merring Bros., London.
Gaelic bible given to John MacKinnon, Kirkapol, by Lady Victoria in 1910
Dark leather-bound Gaelic bible (1831) given to John MacKinnon, Lodge Farm, Kirkapol, by Lady Victoria Campbell (the Duke of Argyll`s sister) on July 6th 1910, and inscribed by her “in memory of much faithful service to his friend” and verse (3) of the English hymn `The Saints of God!` by W. MacLagan (1869). ON PERMANENT LOAN