Wooden, pedal-operated spinning wheel made by Archie MacLean (Èirdsidh an Tuairneir), Cornaigmore. On loan from Mary MacLean, The Coolins, Scarinish
Carpenter`s `plow/plough` plane
Wood and iron plough/plane for cutting grooves in carpentry. Made by (Late) Chas. Nurse and Co., Invicta Tool Works, London. From the belongings of Angus MacLean, Scarinish.
Beech wood and iron spokeshave used for shaving thin layers off wood. Manufactured by Robinson Hall, Sheffield in the 1950s. From the belongings of Angus MacLean, Scarinish.
Carpenters plane irons
Two iron blades from a carpenter`s moulding plane belonging to the MoD in 1943. Manufactured by William Marples, Sheffield. From the belongings of Angus MacLean, Scarinish.
Wood, brass and iron wood chisel. Manufactured by Thomas Ibbotson & Co., Sheffield, 1825-1909. Marked A. MacKinnon on the handle. From the belongings of Angus MacLean, Scarinish.
Carpenters two-iron moulding plane
Wood and iron moulding plane for cutting two grooves simultaneously. Manufactured by Alexander Mathieson, 11 & 13 East Campbell Street, Glasgow, 1854-1966. From the belongings of Angus MacLean, Scarinish.
Carpenters keyhole/pad saw
Long and thin wood, iron and brass hand-saw for carving keyholes. Manufactured by Alfred Ridge & Sons, Sheffield, in the 1930s. From the belongings of Angus MacLean, Scarinish.
13 woodcarving chisels ca 1890
Set of 13 wood and brass handled, steel woodcarving chisels belonging to James MacDonald, Balemartine (Seumas a` Ghille) (donor`s father) who was a ship`s engineer. He had gone as a boy to Lady Victoria`s woodworking classes in the Lodge, around 1910, and helped to carve Heylipol Church pulpit. Mixture of two sets of chisels: 1. JB Adams & Sons, Sheffield, ca 1890, and 2. Merring Bros., London.
Carpenter`s wooden plane 1859-1905
Carpenter`s wooden and steel plane made by Hargreaves, Smith & Co. around 1859-1905, and belonging to Hugh MacKinnon, Crossapol (Eòghann Dhomhnaill, `The Contractor`).
Carpenter`s moulding plane 1859-1905
Carpenter`s wooden plane for moulding the edges of furniture. Engraved with name W McKinlay. Belonged to Hugh MacKinnon, Crossapol (Eoghann Dhomhnaill / The Contractor).