Tiree Memories Calendar 2017, by Alec Walker. Includes photographs of Stewart Langley 1991, aerial view of the Co-op 1979, Kate MacDonald (Ceit Chalein) 1958, Scarinish harbour shoreside houses 1953, Ruairidh Lachainn and Domhnall Lachainn ca 1930, ferry ‘Iona’ 1991, Duncan & Margaret MacInnes 1991, Archie MacArthur (Eairdsidh Mor) and Margaret & Norman MacIvor 1990, two Regatta boats and sailors 1985, MacKinnon family at the Farmhouse in Balemartine 1924, mini cooper being loaded off ferry 1934, group of crofters at the Agricultural Show in 1968, Captain John MacDonald, ca 1970.
Local news: plans for windfarm off Tiree; WWII soldier remembers building a jetty at Balephetrish Bay; Mainly Music; Road Equivalent Tariff (RET) discussions; Gordon Scott`s Everest trek; Tiree Trust discuss offshore windfarm proposals; SWRI meeting; Cobbled Cow café under new management; RSPB information; livestock sale results; Edinburgh moonwalk.
Local news: Tiree 10K; An Iodhlann re-opens; interview with Elaine Hutchinson; air link between Oban and islands; Helen Thompson professional kite-surfer; `Tiree Experience` day tour; the Tiree Association; architecture awards; MacLeans of Tiree and New Zealand; kite-building competition (goose scarers); `Pipathon`; closure of Craft Shop, Kenovay.
Local news: retirement of PC Danny Lapsley; interview with George Campbell; HMS Sturdy memorial; Farmhouse Café opens in Balemartine; Labour spin-doctor Alastair Campbell; cattle sale results; `Danny`s Song`.
Notice from the Edinburgh Gazette 1943 regarding Barbara Curran changing her name to Bridget Curran.
Printed transcript of a notice from the Edinburgh Gazette 1943 regarding Barbara Curran`s intention of changing her name to Bridget Curran. Bridget worked at the Scottish Cooperative Wholesale Society (SCWS) Canteen on Tiree.
Photograph of Jeanette Straker and Mabel MacArthur at The Glassary restaurant in 1985.
Black & white photograph of Jeanette Straker (waitress) and Mabel MacArthur (proprietor) at the bar of The Glassary restaurant, Sandaig, at its opening in 1984. (original in filing cabinet 9, drawer 3)
Black & white aerial photograph of Scarinish ca 1940. Shows various houses and from bottom to top: white-roofed café, Scarinish School, the Reading Room (now An Iodhlann), the Cooperative store, harbour, Scarinish Hotel, wreck of Mary Stewart.