Fragment of a stoneware bottle
Fragment of a bottle made of light brown, glazed, pottery/ceramic engraved with “Bournes Improved vitreous stone bottle. EX. Guaranteed not to absorb”. Found in the garden of Pairc na Coille, Balephuil, in 2013.
Old glass `Schweppe` bottle
Tall, round-bottomed glass bottle found in the dump behind Baugh Surgey in 2012. Pale clear glass with large raised lettering all around bottle reading “J.Schweppe & Co., 51 Berners Street, Oxford Street, genuine superior, aerated waters”. Probably used for administering medicines.
Glass bottle from Holland washed up on the shore in 2012
Large square clear glass bottle with metal screw cap, found on a Tiree shore in 2012. Embossed “HOLLAND” on one side and “P.BOKMA` on other, with “106.8”, a star and other symbols on the bottom. Probably discarded overboard from a Dutch fishing vessel.
Map and letter from US Navy to Donald MacKinnon, Brock, about `Bottle Paper Drifts`, dated 1929.
Map of the Atlantic showing the direction and frequency of ocean currents from data collected from `Bottle Papers` thrown overboard by the US Navy during 1924-1929, and a letter from the Hydrographic Office of the US Navy to Donald MacKinnon, Ruaig, in 1929, thanking him for the returned bottle paper that he found on Tiree.
Brown glass disinfectant bottle with glass stopper labelled `Dettol` from the doctor`s surgery in Baugh.