Small clear glass bottle embossed with ELLIMAN’S EMBROCATION. The embrocation (lotion) was first formulated by James Elliman of Slough in 1847 as a muscle rub for animals. It was later sold for use on people, and become famous as an aid for aching muscles and joints. Found around Donald Brown’s house at Vaul.
Green glass beer bottle with a screw top made by George Younger, Meadow & Candleriggs Brewery, Alloa, which was operational during 1897-1963. Found at Garradh Mor, Moss, in 2017 and probably dating from the 1950s.
Local news: message in a bottle, Crossapol; RSPB information; interview with Steve Thomson, Balinoe; release of CD of traditional Gaelic songs; Tales from the Stackyard – The Library, 1911; Lochgilphead School in Arctic; sheep tagging, Argyll Estates` fishing rules; livestock sale results; Tiree Community Trust news; SWRI meeting; bale-wrap recycling.
Glass mineral water bottle with internal glass ball stopper. Made by Dan Rylands, Barnsley, 1884-1888, who was the sole maker of this bottle, for McCall of Oban. Contains the Codd`s Patent Globe Stopper. It was with this bottle that Godd started the first bottle exchange in the world (money back on bottle).