Set of 13 brass numbers with sharp steel teeth used for tattooing identification marks on the ears of livestock during the 1950s and 60s. Kept in a ‘Four Square’ metal cigarette tin bearing a crown. From the house of John Brown, Sliabh, Balephuil.
Three fragments of modern pottery found on Baugh Beach in 2020: (1) edge of an RAF plate, (2) Possil Pottery, Glasgow stoneware 1881-1942, (3) Grecian pattern, late 19th century, Clyde Pottery Company.
Large, carved, wooden lamp-shade made in the 1960s by Hugh MacDonald, Kenovay, for the Church of Scotland at Kirkapol. It was installed above the pulpit when electricity first became available on the island.
Brass Tilley lamp from Ruaig, used in around 1925-1950. Similar to 2002.73.1 but complete with wick, mantle and glass globe. Tilley lamps were named after John Tilley, inventor of the hydro-pneumatic blowpipe in the early 1800s. Domestic Tilley lamps were fuelled with paraffin, which was pressurised by use of a pump on the base.