Efficiency Medal bearing the head of King George VI on one side and on the other the words “For Efficient Service”. Instituted in 1908, the Efficiency Medal was awarded to members of the Territorial Army (UK), Colonial Auxiliary Forces and Indian Volunteer Forces, with more than 12 years service. This version of the medal was issued during 1949-1952 and includes the word “INDIAE”. The recipient’s name is engraved on the rim: 544938 CPL W MACLACHLAN AYR YEO. The ribbon would have been dark green with yellow borders. Found in a garden in Scarinish.