Photograph of the coal ship Loch Iorsa aground in Arinagour harbour in 1920
Black & white photograph of the ship Loch Iorsa aground on rocks in Arinagour harbour, Coll, in 1920. Her cargo of coal for the island is being transferred to the other ship. The small ‘white’ shed to the right of the boats, built on stilts close to the shore, was `the post office above the waves` and built for Robert Sturgeon, Dalbeattie, who also established a fish buying and processing unit. Tiree folk traded with Robert Sturgeon. See also 2013.138.2 by Robert Sturgeon.