The bible in Gaelic titled “Tiomnadh Nuadh”, 1901. Tiomnadh Nuadh are Tighearn agus ar Slanuighir Iosa Criosd, air a Tharruing o’n ghreugais chum Gaelic Albannaich agus air a chur a mach le h-ughdarras ard-sheanaidh Eaglais na h-Alba.
Hardback book of extracts from the Bible translated into Gaelic. On the inside front cover is written in ball-point pen “Bhuineadh an leabhar seo do Dhonnchadh is Eilidh Dhòmhnallach, Bail’ Ùr, Bail a’ Phuill, Eilean Thiriòdh. Fhuair mi e anns an t-seann bhàthaich aca air deireadh an t-samhraidh seao chaidh.” Signed “Ailean Bòideach, 11 na de’n Ghiblean 1981”.
Black & white photograph of John Andrew Jamieson (1886-1946) and his grand-daughter Janet Jamieson Cooper at a well west of Millport House, Hynish, in June 1946. Note the limewashed brick superstructure and stone lining of the well, the wooden lid and the pole (held by Janet) for lifting the lid, and the bucket for drawing water out of the well.
Black & white photograph of a group of 8 pupils and teachers on a beach around 1950. Archie MacIntyre, Gott, is standing at the back left. Front right are brothers Alistair and John MacNeill, Hynish. On the far right is Sarah MacDonald, headteacher at Balemartine School.
Black & white photograph of a group of 9 boys and girls at Cornaigmore School in around the 1930s. L-R: unidentified, unidentified, Alan Hassan, unidentified, unidentified, unidentified, Effie MacLeod (Carrachay), Mary MacKinnon (Parkhouse), Donald Campbell (Balephetrish).