Black and white photograph of excavated human remains in one of the Kirkapol chapels.
Excavated human bones in the larger of the Kirkapol chapels, St Columba`s, taken in 2001.
Black and white photograph of the wedding of Hugh Cameron and Margaret MacLaine,`Lochiel`, Cornaigmore, in Glasgow on 23rd December 1923, with best man Dr John Cameron and bridesmaid Marion MacLaine.
Courtesy of Mrs Mairi Campbell
The bride Margaret MacLaine and the bridesmaid, her sister Marion, are dressed in the fashion of the day with elaborate bouquets. The groom, Hugh Cameron, is in full Highland regalia.
Both families took a keen interest in the Tiree Association which was founded in 1900 to provide a focal point for islanders living in Glasgow. The bride’s father, Neil, was a well-known bard and was prominent in the Celtic movement in Glasgow.
The best man was the groom’s brother, Dr John Cameron. He married Mae Smillie who raised funds for a holiday cottage by the shore in Morvern for the families of ex-servicemen.
Keyring from Scarinish Guard Room during World War II.
Oval brass keyring 45 mm by 30 mm, stamped on one side with `SCARINISH GAURD ROOM` around the edge and `38` in the centre, and on the other side `W`, an upward-pointing arrow, `D`. In use during World War II. Found on Hough beach by Fiona MacRae.