Page from the Official Log Book and Account of Voyages and Crew of the Mary Stewart, 1916, giving the owner and master as Donald MacLean, Scarinish (b.1860). Ports visited during the half-year 22 July 1915 to 27th November 1915 are Ayr, Tiree, Ardrossan and Colonsay. The remains of the Mary Stewart can still be seen in Scarinish Harbour.
Page from the official log book of the Mary Stewart, 1915, listing the crew as Master Donald MacLean (b.1860) and crew John MacLean (b.1885), Hugh MacLean (b.1891) and Neil MacLean (b.1898), all of Tiree. They joined the ship in 1914 and were discharged at Ayr in 1915. The remains of the Mary Stewart can still be seen in Scarinish Harbour.
Colour photograph of a painting of the ‘Mary Stewart’ in full sail. The original painting is in the family of David Roberts (1849-1897), a native of Anglesey, who was the master on the Mary Stewart, and possibly part owner, from about 1886 to 1897. The remains of the Mary Stewart can still be seen in Scarinish Harbour.